LABOR DAY WEEKEND: MADISON WI
DATE: Saturday, September 5, 2020
START/FINISH: Winnequah Park – Monona, WI
START TIME: 7:00 am
Do you want to participate in The Rockin Brews Marathon but prefer a shorter distance? Recruit your team of six runners and make it a team effort. It’s fun and easy! There will be a Team Meet-Up Area 1/2 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team. Every team member will receive an official race shirt, pre-race snacks, post-race snacks, a goodie bag, unlimited beer or soda and an awesome finisher medal.
The 6 Relay legs are as follows:
1st Leg – From Winnequah Park To Olin Park – 4.3 Miles
2nd Leg – From Olin Park To Olbrich Park – 5 Miles
3rd Leg – From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park – 3.8 Miles
4th Leg – From Winnequah Park To Olin Park – 4.3 Miles
5th Leg – From Olin Park To Olbrich Park – 5 Miles
Last Leg – From Olbrich Park To Winnequah Park – 3.8 Miles
FULL MARATHON RELAY
– The team packet includes your matching bib numbers, safety pins, T-shirts, timing chip and other goodies.
– Bib Numbers will be worn on the front.
– Timing Chip – All teams will be given one timing chip, the last person will cross the finish line with the chip on their bib.
– Exchange Areas are well marked. Please look for your exchange areas when approaching the transition locations. Please try to be courteous to faster participants. It is often advisable for teams to wear bright matching shirts, hats, shorts, etc. If you plan to exchange clothes, have that prearranged with your team members. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Each relay exchange area will include water, Gatorade and port-a-potties.
– Team Meet-Up Area is 1/2 block before the Finish Line for those wishing to cross the Finish Line as a team.
EXCHANGE DROP OFF LOCATIONS
One vehicle can be used for dropping off and picking up relay team members. The easiest way to do it is to drop off Runner 1 at the Starting Line and then drive the rest of the team to the first exchange at Olin Park where runners 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be waiting. Once Runner 1 arrives, Runner 2 will run to Olbrich Park where Runners 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be waiting. Runner 3 will run to the Finish Line where runners 1, 2, 4, 5, & 6 will be waiting. Repeat this until Runner 5 exchanges with Runner 6 and then the team will meet up 1/2 block before the finish and finish together
START & FINISH – 1013 Nichols Rd Monona, WI 53716 (at corner of Healy Ln)
TEAM MEET UP – 1011 Nichols Rd Monona, WI 53716 (at the parking lot entrance to the Monona Community Center)
EXCHANGES #1 & #4 – Olin Park & Olin Ave – 1156 Olin-Turville Ct Madison, WI 53715
EXCHANGES #2 & #5 – Olbrich Beach – 3527 Atwood Ave Madison, WI 53714
EXCHANGES #3 & #6 – Monona Community Center, 1011 Nichols Rd Monona WI 53716
If the event is canceled by the organizers, you will have the option of a full refund or a deferred registration for the 2021 Rockin Brews Marathon.